Having received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, having been baptized as a public and personal testimony of my salvation and faith, being in agreement with the Statement of Faith of Cornerstone Church, and realizing that membership is an act of commitment, I am now led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Cornerstone Church Family. In so doing, I commit myself to God and to the other members of Cornerstone Church, to do the following:
I will protect the unity of my church (Romans 14:19):
* By acting in love toward other members (I Peter 1:22);
* By refusing to gossip (Ephesians 4:29); and
* By submitting myself to the leadership of the church (Hebrews 13:17).
I will share the responsibility placed upon my church, as detailed in Scripture:
* By praying for its ministry, its leaders, and its members (Colossians 1:3-6);
* By inviting the un-churched to attend (Luke 14:23); and
* By warmly welcoming those who visit (Romans 15:7).
I will serve the ministry of my church:
* By discovering my gifts and talents and using them in submission to the leadership and Scripture, to glorify God (I Peter 4:10);
* By seeking and developing a servant’s heart (Philippians 2:3-4, 7); and
* By seeking to become equipped in order to further God’s ministry and purpose (Ephesians 4:11-12).
I will support the testimony of my church:
* By attending faithfully (Hebrews 10:25);
* By living a godly life (Philippians 1:27);
* By giving of my time and resources regularly (I Corinthians 16:2; Leviticus 27-30); and
* By being involved in the ministries of my church.
For information on becoming a member of Cornerstone Church please check out our Foundation Stones class.